EQi 2.0 The tool to measure and develop Emotional Intelligence
EQi 2.0 The Emotional Quotient Inventory 2.0 measures an individual’s emotional intelligence. It measures a set of emotional and social skills that influence the way we perceive and express ourselves; develop and maintain social relationships, cope with challenges and use emotional information in an effective and meaningful way. This skills feedback is then turned into insightful and actionable suggestions for improvement. This second-generation version is now more intuitive, customisable, administered online and provides feedback in a multiple-formats.
What is the EQ-i 2.0 Emotional Quotient Inventory?
The tool generates a total EI (Emotional Intelligence) score with five composite scores measuring distinct aspects of emotional and social functioning. The five key dimensions are authenticity, coaching, insight and innovation; these will present the leadership and organisational implications of your behaviour and suggest strategies for your action.This enables participants to leverage their strengths and improve their EI weaknesses. It provides additional insight into Well-Being and a very useful leadership report that bench marks your leadership profile against a growing and sizeable norm group. This feature alone enables the participant to identify their gaps in leadership practice and provides the facilitator coach with a ready-made coaching agenda.
Why and when EQi 2.0 is used?
We use the tool for individuals and teams of leaders and when combined with our coaching material provides for a powerful learning experience. In our experience it is the gold standard for measuring Emotional Intelligence and supporting personal development. We use it in 3 main ways tied to each type of report:
- EQi 2.0/Workplace: it is designed for use in a wide variety of coaching and development situations and work settings. It focuses on the impact of emotional intelligence at work.
- EQi 2.0/leadership: it examines EQ-i 2.0 results through four key dimensions of leadership: Authenticity, Coaching, Insight, and Innovation. As an option, client’s results can be compared against those of top leaders, creating a coaching benchmark for exceptional EI performance. The leadership report also contains insights on the leadership and organisational implications of the results. Specifically, information about which skills have the highest potential to be leadership derailers, as well as strategies to enable help them reach their true potential.
- EQ-i 2.0 Group Report/360: it is used when an organisation wishes to work on team-level strategies as it enables discussion around team-level implications of EI. The Group Report combines the EQ-i 2.0 scores of individuals in a manner that enables interpretation at the group or team level. This report provides the participants’ individual scores while maintaining their anonymity. An overview that identifies group strengths, as well as areas where the group can be more effective. It also examines the implications at an organisational level and the strategies to address them.
How it is applied?
Administered online reports are generated and collated as printed copies or PDF’s. These reports are then used to inform the nature of the session we are facilitating. With the coaches report we can view the individual and team composites and prepare a range of activities to deliver specific outcomes. Each session is different from a one to one coaching session to a senior leadership team’s composite profile.
Typically, we use it in three ways:
- For specific individuals the workplace report provides suggestions for working more effectively with colleagues, supervisors, and clients. This is used when there is one or several individuals that require additional coaching to address the impact of their behaviour on others.
- The leadership report is used on leadership development programmes where we are delivering to middle to senior cohorts of leaders. It is also used in our one to one coaching work.
- The group or 360 degree report is used for intact teams and provides insightful feedback for the individual and the team that can serve as the agenda for immediate and development.