All those who serve or have served in the Armed Forces of the Crown and their Families
The first duty of Government is the defence of the realm. The Armed Forces fulfil that responsibility on behalf of the Government, sacrificing some civilian freedoms, facing danger and, sometimes, suffering serious injury or death as a result of their duty. Families also play a vital role in supporting the operational effectiveness of our Armed Forces. In return, the whole nation has a moral obligation to the members of the Naval Service, the Army and the Royal Air Force, together with their families.
Mission Performance will endeavour the key principles of the Armed Forces Covenant, which are:
no member of the Armed Forces Community should face disadvantage in the provision of public and commercial services compared to any other citizen in some circumstances special treatment may be appropriate especially for the injured or bereaved.
Mission Performance recognises the value serving personnel, reservists, veterans and military families bring to our business. We will seek to uphold the principles of the Armed Forces Covenant, by:
- promoting the fact that we are an armed forces-friendly organisation by bearing the ensigns of the military values, ethics, leadership and team lessons and applying them within our fields of expertise. We show our commitment to the Armed Forces Covenant through our website, displaying the Armed Forces Covenant Logo and dedicating a page within our Social Responsibility Scheme;
- seeking to support the employment of veterans young and old and working with the Career Transition Partnership (CTP), in order to establish a tailored employment pathway for Service Leavers. Recognising military skills and qualifications when interviewing for a new position. Hold briefing days specifically for those leaving the Armed Forces, encouraging veterans to work alongside our delivery teams;
- striving to support the employment of Service spouses and partners by offering guaranteed interviews to spouses/partners if they meet the selection criteria described in the job post;
- endeavouring to offer a degree of flexibility in granting leave for Service spouses and partners before, during and after a partner’s deployment, and special paid leave (when appropriate) for employees who are bereaved or whose loved ones are injured.
- seeking to support our employees who choose to be members of the Reserve forces, including by accommodating our reservists’ training commitments and mobilisation wherever possible, including participating to the Reserves Day;
- offering support to our local cadet units, in our local community (Gosport & Portsmouth) where possible by encouraging our employees to provide support and motivational speeches to cadets;
- aiming to actively participate in Armed Forces Day by become an Armed Forces Day Corporate Partner and use the logo on posts and website. Hold an Armed Forces themed campaign to support the events in our local community. Follow Armed Forces Day on Facebook or Twitter, post messages of support on social media sites and link to the Armed Forces Day website to our Mission Performance page.
- offering a discount to members of the Armed Forces Community within the Defence Discount Service Scheme providing accessible leadership and communication coaching sessions;
- any additional commitments Mission Performance could make to help the veterans part of our community and team.